Self-Confidence Formula – Chapter 3 Continued
As I mentioned in an earlier blog, I am reading (again), or actually listening to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill, the original publication from 1937, on my daily walks. I thought I would write a little summary or thought for the day from each chapter (links below):
As I continued to listen to Chapter 3 (Faith), today, I wanted to write a little more about this chapter as it is a very powerful chapter and covers a lot of territory. Today, I want to talk a little about autosuggestion and self-confidence.
Throughout this chapter the author talks about faith and the State of Mind of being in faith with what one desires. “Faith is a state of mind that may be induced by self-suggestion.” The author says. He talks about how faith is the “chemical” which when mixed with prayer, provides for direct communications with the universe or as he calls it, the Infinite Intelligence.
You will find a lot of action steps in this chapter as was pointed out in my blog yesterday, “Faith, Love and Sex – The Six Action Steps”. Well, there are even more action steps still within this chapter. These are the referred to as the “Self-Confidence Formula” and he describes them in detail. Here I provide just a snipit, a quick overview or comment on each; you will need to read the book to find the REAL formula:
- This is a statement of confidence and your purpose in life. A promise if you will to take action.
- Recognition that what you think, you become. A sobering thought to say the least!
- This is about autosuggestion and the ability to convert any desire held in your mind and demanded of yourself will eventually seek expression. Demand self-confidence daily!
- Define and clearly state your definite chief aim in life and never stop trying until you have developed the self-confidence to achieve it.
- This is about believing in others as much as they believe in you, and never doing anything that is not for the benefit of all involved. Develop a positive, loving attitude and do the things that you know are right!
There is a lot more in Chapter 3 and not enough space or time here to cover it all. Plus that would take all the fun out of reading it yourself, or reading it again, as I have done for the umpteenth time! And I get something out of it each and every time.